Tron light trail ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tron light trail ?

Hey guys I am working out a level on the environment of Tron. I have my own disc, Baton, light cycle, etc. but I just don't understand how can I make a light trail for the light cycle.

The demands are:

1) The light trail needs to be fixed at the rear of the light cycle (thinking of doing it by sockets).
    2) The light trail should turn just as the cycle turns, just like the real ones.
    3) It should fire an event when it is touched (giving the identity of the pawn that touches it).
    4) It should end after some time.

I am not very good at programing and would prefer everything to end up in kismet or cascade itself.

Any help is highly appreciated.

I think you would do that with Cascade using the ribbon type--basically it would create geometry like a ribbon connecting the particles together.

Comment

I'll try that but when the light cycle turns, the trail has also got to turn, will it turn? That little thing is just freaking me out.

Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure--by default with particles they will always face towards the camera, but I would think there would be some way to have it use the particle emitter rotation instead.

BTW the Tron Legacy game was done with Unreal so I would think it should be possible.

Comment

Well obviously it's possible we'll just have to figure out how to do it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X