Lens Flare doubt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens Flare doubt

I placed a Custom made Lens Flare in my level. I would like to know if there is a way to disable its Rotation. By rotation i mean....it keeps looking at me (i.e When i walk around, it rotates on its pivot). Is there any way to disable that?

No, there isn't. Why would you want it not to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      No, there isn't. Why would you want it not to do that?
      Because when the player goes around this happens:

I wish if it could stay like this:

Comment

Lens flare wont do that in real life either. You want lightfog, not lens flare.

Comment

If it didn't rotate then it would only look correct from one angle. I haven't messed with lens flares for a while, but there must be some setting to make it appear correctly, I haven't had the issue with lens flares intersecting before, so maybe it's supposed to be rendered differently, like a post process effect rather than like a physical mesh. I know games like Mass Effect use lens flares in similar situations as yours all the time and don't have that issue.

Comment

What if you set it to the foreground depth priority group? You'll find it if search for "Depth" in the placed instance's properties.

Comment

He can set it to foreground, but then it will always appear no matter where you are even if its "behind" a wall.

Comment

Use a Trigger volume to toggle it off when he goes out of the area then?

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                  I know games like Mass Effect use lens flares in similar situations as yours all the time and don't have that issue.
                  Exactly...Thats how i wanted my lens flares.

Comment

just place single plane with that material
                    another way - use durectional flare, which works in specified angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                      What if you set it to the foreground depth priority group? You'll find it if search for "Depth" in the placed instance's properties.
                      Its already set to SPDG_Foreground.

Originally posted by redbox View Post
                      just place single plane with that material
                      another way - use durectional flare, which works in specified angle.
                      I tried with single plane but its not good when looked from the side. I'll post a screenshot later.

Can you please explain about that directional flare.

EDIT: Single Plane material:

Comment

directional flares created for spotlight sources, as searchlight, flashlight, headlight, etc.
                        it can be visible from specified angle.
                        http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LensF...ml#Directional Lens Flares
                        you need multiply material's opacity with LensFlareOcclusion and, I think, LensFlareIntensity to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by redbox View Post
                          directional flares created for spotlight sources, as searchlight, flashlight, headlight, etc.
                          it can be visible from specified angle.
                          http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LensF...ml#Directional Lens Flares
                          you need multiply material's opacity with LensFlareOcclusion and, I think, LensFlareIntensity to make it work.
                          Thanks buddy...I'll take a look at it

Comment

Working...
                          X