Cube Map and Surface Normal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube Map and Surface Normal Question

I am working on a water material and I am using a static cubemap capture for the reflection but I'm having a problem. The water plane material is set to two sided and the positive z image (holding the sky colors) shows up on the UNDER side of the water sheet where as the lake bed shows up on the TOP of the water sheet. I've moved the cubemap around in Z, and also tried hiding the water sheet but no matter what I do the reflection always comes out reversed on the water mesh. I don't see any settings to flip the capture/cubemap either. I'm apparently left with the settings in the vector transform but still the image I would expect to get is always on the obverse of the side I want to use. Flipping the sheet has no result either.

Also I have a speckled texture that I'm using to simulate sparkle and the intensity is enough for bloom but only the underside is blooming. The topside shows the speckles, but no bloom... :s

So that material was way out of control from all kinds of experiments. I just started over and began with the cubemap and everything seems to be fine. :shrugs:

Comment

Working...
    X