Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    What's your lightmap resolution setting? Also, make sure it's using the proper UV coordinate if you're using static meshes.

That's what it was, it had somehow changed to some crazy UV coordinate. Thanks for the assist!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's your lightmap resolution setting? Also, make sure it's using the proper UV coordinate if you're using static meshes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    Most likely your meshes don't have a high enough lightmap resolution, so the shadows are too blurry to see. For static meshes, you need to open the mesh, and turn up the lightmap resolution, by default it is 32 which is too low, keep it as multiples of 2 (so like 512)

If it's BSP, then select he surface and go to the surface properties, and turn down the lightmap resolution number (which increases the lightmap resolution).
    Unfortunately I have already tried that with no improvement. Imagine a wall with a spotlight on a painting, light also hits the wall and the ground below, right. I can duplicate that Spot light and move it down the wall on the other side of a door to another painting and it will just cast light onto the painting and not the wall and the floor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Most likely your meshes don't have a high enough lightmap resolution, so the shadows are too blurry to see. For static meshes, you need to open the mesh, and turn up the lightmap resolution, by default it is 32 which is too low, keep it as multiples of 2 (so like 512)

If it's BSP, then select he surface and go to the surface properties, and turn down the lightmap resolution number (which increases the lightmap resolution).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Lighting issues

Lighting issues

I am really new to UDK, so please keep that in mind if this is a really easy fix. I am lighting a level that has spot lights, point lights and directional lights. While adjusting the spot lights to light a paintings hanging on the wall i see a nice arch of light hitting the wall and fully lighting the painting. However, when i hit the build all button, the arch of light that was hitting the wall disappears and only the painting is lit. I am having a similar problem on the floor with some track lighting spot lights and again with a directional light casting light through windows. Also note that some of the spot lights in the same room are working properly as far as i can tell, giving me nice arch of light on the floor and walls. Any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.
Working...
X