Terrain causing build to crash - no idea why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Generally I used the default size 16x16... I'll try the 32-bit solution and report back!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did that with my terrain, I was using a raw file to create my terrain that had been exported from TerreSculptor Pro, problem was that every time I went to build the lighting it would fail and crash, went back to TerreSculptor Pro and exported it out as a Model and imported it in again, took awhile to render but it worked.

Might also depend on the size of your terrain, although UDK has a nice limit, I had trouble in the past with too many polys being counted from the file and that would in turn crash the build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe it's better for you to convert your terrain into static mesh, using some 3d editor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, try not to move your terrain. Move the meshes according to where the terrain is when you first create it. Moving the terrain itself also has a lot of bugs unit from my experience. If using 32 Bit UDK doesn't fix the problem, try deleting your current Terrain and make a new one but make sure NOT to move it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's an unfixed bug that has existed for several versions. The crash is due to creating lighting with lightmass in UDK 64-bit. Building lighting with the 32-bit version of UDK seems to works as for now.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Terrain causing build to crash - no idea why

Terrain causing build to crash - no idea why

So, to make a long story short, after ripping down what we were using for our game and churning out builds piece by piece until we discovered our problem, we found that terrain causing our build to crash.

It's only terrain, and nothing else.

I don't do anything out of the ordinary with it; I add some typical height, a material, move it into place, and that's it.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? It's rather perplexing; terrain, as far as I can tell, isn't saved in a package, so I can't locate it in the content browser.

I'm hitting a brick wall here. Help is greatly appreciated!
Working...
X