Foliage Layer Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    They look just fine placed as static meshes. I should mention that I have adhered to the settings options in the UDK foliage documentation for the meshes and materials. As a side note has anyone tried that hotkey for placing actors? Supposedly you press "A" and LMB and it drops the currently selected item. I haven't gotten it to work with anything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes we call it *getting a dev tan*

when using foliage, you can only specify lighmap settings in the staticmesh assets themselves (in the browser) , so make sure that your foliage meshes will light as you wish them to light when theyre placed manually with no modification. it may be the case that your lightmaps are somehow wack. this wouldnt be a problem with dynamic lighting or shadows however :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Problem seems to be fixing itself as I add to the level.
    It's six in the morning??? Been on this for about oh, 18 hours now? lol

24 poly ivy patch ftw

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Foliage Layer Lighting

Foliage Layer Lighting

It seems that my foliage layers are not picking up shadows from surrounding objects like rocks or trees. I've got a speed tree model in the level for testing and have messed around with the % chance for leaves blocking light but that doesn't seem to make any difference at all in this issue.
    I've got a Light Mass Importance Volume surrounding everything and the build is on production.

Working...
X