Trigger volume not blocking weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger volume not blocking weapons?

I'm trying to make a volume that detects when it takes damage. So I've made a Trigger Volume, set it's collision to COLLIDE_BlockAll and then put a Take Damage node into Kismet but I'm not getting anything. Got the damage threshold set to nothing as well.

Am I missing something here?

Bumpity Bump. Still can't get it, banging my head against walls now. =/

Comment

I haven't done much volume kistmet linking but from my personal experience, volume doesn't trigger the TakeDamage event. They are triggered by KActors however (not sure about triggers). I could be very wrong though.

Comment

I can find a number of posts from people recommending using trigger volumes with take damage events. But the strange thing is even if I set the collision of the trigger volume it'll block the player but never weapons even if set to block all. x.X

Comment

I'm pretty sure the collision will need to be set to touch weapons, not block them.

Comment

Tried touch all and touch weapons. Tried a take damage event and a touched event in Kismet. I still find it odd that the triggerVolume doesn't block weapons when set to blockAll though, it might lead to the answer? =/

Comment

GOT IT! Used a dynamic trigger volume, set collision to BLOCKALL, set "Block Complex Collision Trace" to true and that seems to have done it so I can use a Take Damage node in Kismet. Set the damage amounts on the node to 0 and not set any specific damage types.

Cheers for the help, just happy I finally got it. =)

Comment

Working...
              X