Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kismet - Toggle light with Trigger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Kismet - Toggle light with Trigger

    I'm trying to toggle the light on/off when I walk over a trigger. I tried this, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Am I forgetting something?


    #2
    Have you tried adding the player as an instigator for the trigger?

    Comment


      #3
      If you want the light to toggle when the player walks at a certain place, i would use a trigger volume instead.
      Make sure the point light is "PointLightToggable".
      If you want the toggling to happen each time the player steps into the trigger, set max trigger count to 0 (no limit).
      If you want the light to i.e turn on when a player is at the trigger and off when outside, i would set Touched to Turn on, and Untouched to Turn off. Or opposite.

      Hope that helps

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Joki View Post
        If you want the light to toggle when the player walks at a certain place, i would use a trigger volume instead.
        Make sure the point light is "PointLightToggable".
        If you want the toggling to happen each time the player steps into the trigger, set max trigger count to 0 (no limit).
        If you want the light to i.e turn on when a player is at the trigger and off when outside, i would set Touched to Turn on, and Untouched to Turn off. Or opposite.

        Hope that helps
        It was the "PointLightToggable". Thanks for the help.

        I'm just having one little problem atm.
        I'm having a green light wich I want to turn off if the vehicle is in use/destroyed.
        So I tried this:



        There seems to be a problem related to the "Vehicle Factory Event".
        Do you guys have any suggestions?

        EDIT: also thanks for the trigger volume idea.

        Comment


          #5
          What's the error that comes up? That object you have for the vehicle, is it just a blank object which I believe it should be as it's set when the vehicle is spawned. Also, is that Vehicle Factory event for a specific vehicle factory? You need to select it in the viewport then right click in the Kismet window and then Create Event From Factory -> Factory Event.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Crimsonfox View Post
            What's the error that comes up? That object you have for the vehicle, is it just a blank object which I believe it should be as it's set when the vehicle is spawned. Also, is that Vehicle Factory event for a specific vehicle factory? You need to select it in the viewport then right click in the Kismet window and then Create Event From Factory -> Factory Event.
            Thanks, the Create Event From Factory -> Factory Event worked.
            I just used some function I found when I was rightclicking in the background from the Kismet editor.

            Comment


              #7
              No problem! Don't underestimate that random clicking, sometimes you can find some gems, especially when you're not familiar with them all. =)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Crimsonfox View Post
                No problem! Don't underestimate that random clicking, sometimes you can find some gems, especially when you're not familiar with them all. =)
                I found some nice things that way. Now I know what I could try, if I got a simular problem next time. Thanks

                I got my vehicle-checker ready.
                It gives a green light when it isn't in use and alive.
                It gives a red light when it's in use/dead.



                EDIT: added a small video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Psm2hGp5Ew

                Comment

                Working...
                X