Landscape Speedtree placement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape Speedtree placement?

Is there any solution to mass placing speedtree models when using the landscape system? The foliage editor doesn't seem to work with it, is there an alternative?

I have a massive landscape so I really don't want to use the older terrain system.

Thanks in advance.

What you could do is plunk down a clump of trees, group them and then duplicate them. Unfortunately there isn't any way to paint large masses of them over landscape like you can with staticmeshes.

Comment

I was hoping to avoid this, but that was my other option.

This isn't nearly as tedious as making all of my trees by hand, I suppose.

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know if they plan on making the foliage editor speedTree compatible?

Comment

there is no word about it as Epic doesn't have a public roadmap or future feature annoucements, but the old Terrain system used to work with SpeedTrees and Landscape is supposed to be a full improved replacement, so it's expected by all of us to see SpeedTrees supported (as well as collision with Foliage meshes, which right now doesnt exist either)

Comment

I remember seeing a video (not a tutorial but rather a demo) on the Speedtree Youtube site showing the user importing a heightmap to speed tree and then populating the landscape fairly quickly. Speedtree Golf Course in a youtube search should fetch it for you though I don't know if that feature would be supported in the UDK edition of Speedtree. I'd be prepared for disappointment.

Comment

Working...
          X