Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya to UDK Level Exporter - Ragnarok

Hello people!

I'm here to show You my Maya to UDK level exporter. It's called Ragnarok.

Ragnarok - Maya to UDK Level Exporter

Version 1.1
    - Redesigned GUI, introduced tabs
    - Tag text box will be auto set based on selection. If more objects are selected, the last will be used.
    - Added support for removal of prefixes and suffixes in tag name upon selection
    - Introduced 'Asset validation test' - tool to make sure objects are optimal for export to UDK
    - Prepare for export' command will auto combine meshes if there's more than one, set pivot to world origin, freeze transofrms and delete history.
    - Package Name is default name that will be applied upon creation of Ragnarok tag. Package names are now bound on object

Info, Instructions and Download
    You can get more info and read istructions on my website here.

Share if you found it useful and leave comments what to fix, add or remove.

Thanks!

Wouldn't this make every object a unique static mesh?

If you're going to place everything anyway, you might as well do it in the editor, and reuse assets instead of multiplying them by uneccesary amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
      Wouldn't this make every object a unique static mesh?

If you're going to place everything anyway, you might as well do it in the editor, and reuse assets instead of multiplying them by uneccesary amounts.
      Sorry but I think you got it wrong. Maybe I didn't describe it good enough.
      This will not make every object a unique static mesh. it will assign Unique ID to every object (static mesh) of the same type in Maya.
      Based on that it will export objects and their pos in the world. UDK will look for every object in exported file and place object from content browser based on unique ID. That means objects are reusable.
      I created this cuz my comp is slow to handle all stuff on screen in UDK. And I don't like how camera works in UDK. It is not intuitive for level design. At least for me. I Like to do my level design in Maya.

Comment

Ah I see, then this is mighty fine work!

Comment

Thanks Graylord!

I created web page just for the purpose of this exporter. It is here: http://www.jaka.designbox.com.hr/
          I hope people will find it useful.

Comment

It is Very useful man,nice work Jaka

For me it is way more comfortable and quicker build my level in Maya than doing it in UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by putahs View Post
              It is Very useful man,nice work Jaka
              For me it is way more comfortable and quicker build my level in Maya than doing it in UDK.
              Thanks!
              That's why I shared this because I knew I'm not the only one out there.
              Small update will be up by the end of the week.

Comment

Does this exporter still exist? I have been searching for something exactly like this, but now the links are broken!

Comment

Sorry, I haven't updated this post for a while. Here you go http://www.markojaksic.com/articles/...kexporter.html

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm having trouble getting my level to load, but I'll keep playing with it!

Comment

I've tried my best to explain the whole process but if you have any more trouble, contact me!

Comment

Thanks for the offer - I may take you up on it. I am new to Maya and trying to import my models from Max, so that might be part of the problem. I'm going to try a simpler model starting just in Maya to figure out the plugin, then I'll worry about getting my model to work.

Comment

I managed to get some simple objects working - Jaka you are my hero today! Thanks for this plug-in, it's a huge time saver!

Comment

No worries man! Share script around and take care!

Comment

Working...
                            X