how to add particle effects to terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add particle effects to terrain

hi im ive been trying to add particle effects to the terrain ive searched every where and it doesnt show how i want to do it like halo bf 3 so when you shoot the ground you see dirt coming out of the terrain.....its wierd cause cry engine 3 has it but not udk

help appreciated

Physical Materials come with some effects settings but I haven't tried them (I do it manually in my Pawn via UScript)
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Physi...al.html#Impact And Slide Effects
    there you can set an impact effect that in theory, will spawn a particle system on impact (no idea what the game will consider an impact though)
    then just add the physical material to your terrain, or better yet, a different one per layer

Comment

thanks chosker where do i put the physical material in terrain what section and are u spanish

Comment

in the landscape editor window go down to layers and edit a layer, there's a box to put a PhysMat there. select the PhysMat in the Content Browser, then click the small just right to the PhysMat box back in the layer editor window
        yeah im Mexican-Spanish and I live in Spain

Comment

how do you open the landscape editor is it the terrain editor and im peruvian

Comment

but i made a terrain

Comment

i did it but when i shot the landscape it doesnt show the particle effect

Comment

Working...
              X