how to add particle effects to terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ur a hero whiteout u've solved 2 of my problems 1. How to rigg weapons properly 2. And how to make particles appear on impact...i havent read what u told me to read but when i have time i'll read it not skim it like before

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I felt like looking into this a little tonight and for other things as well but this page should give you a better understanding of what is going on with the script files in the UT Game/Content files. https://sites.google.com/site/tessal...apons-into-udk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't had the need to do this yet but I think this page should help you. http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Weapo...icalGuide.html It must be in the weapon script somewhere or a line to activate it. Check out the weapon particles/ effects whatever on that page or check out the script forum...Quote from page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "ImpactEffects - The material impact effects to use for impacts with the various types of surfaces for the main fire mode."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wanna know how to spawn particles on projectile impact on ground....i remember halo 1 had and if udk doesnt support it what kind of ****ty game must have been unreal tournament and dont tell about the zombie stuff i havent tried it cause i cant go pass the first room it says to look for keypad key and i found a car key thing and o cant pick it up and its flashing but i can pick up money

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VendorX View Post
    Guys, Unreal Engine don't work in this way - it's up to weapon/projectile to determine hit effect based on material type.
    That's exactly what Shindawg said...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VendorX View Post
    Guys, Unreal Engine don't work in this way - it's up to weapon/projectile to determine hit effect based on material type.
    Exactly, and the Zombie source code provides a great example of this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay vendorx can u give me a tutorial and i'll try them both

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wait how did they manage to get a map as .exe and what do i do with the source code

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The bottom of the post shows the source code link. You probably downloaded the demo instead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wait this is just a map and some packages

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks man i let u know if i need more help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's code within the base weapon class that checks which material each trace(shot) hits, and plays different effects for various types. This is a link to TheAgent's zombie game page: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ce-Released!!! , where you can find the source code. Take a look at some of his other stuff too; his tutorials are a great source for knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I meant what

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait waht is the zombie source do they make dirt come out of the landscape when you shoot it or is it a scripting class

Leave a comment:

Working...
X