how to add particle effects to terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add particle effects to terrain

hi im wanna know how to add particle effects to terrain like halo and bf 3 when you shoot the terrain you see dirt coming out i wanna know if you can do it cause cryengine 3 lets you but i like udk better and i want to know how

help appreciated

I believe you would have to look in the scripting for this one.

Comment

I dont think so cause i just found out i doubled thread this and this guy called chosker that if i use the landscape editor to create a landscape and make a layer to it then make a physical material with your desired emitter and then apply it to your landscape by clicking the arrow on the a layer assign physical material in the landscape editor but when i shoot the floor it doesnt trigger it ( i used my emitter in the impact effect on the physical material)

Comment

yeah that's me and that was just a guess. later I found I never got it working that way either, the particle is never triggered. just do it by code

Comment

I wonder is it any way,, hmmm how to explain, ok so, you have your shooting particle, but when that shooting particle collide with something that will start another particle on this collision place /target. It might be

Comment

wait the physical material refers to my emitter so i applied it to my landscape and when i shoot the ground it doesnt show the emitter playing so if i needed scripting how could i refer a landscape layer in unrealscript

Comment

And i dont think you can do that cause if you refer it to a landscape you just make another landscape and it will stuff up cause i've played all of the gears and they've manage to do it

Comment

Look for the ZombieGame source code for some info on how to do physmat-based particle emissions. I've tried doing it the way you have too and it never works.

Comment

Wait waht is the zombie source do they make dirt come out of the landscape when you shoot it or is it a scripting class

Comment

I meant what

Comment

It's code within the base weapon class that checks which material each trace(shot) hits, and plays different effects for various types. This is a link to TheAgent's zombie game page: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ce-Released!!! , where you can find the source code. Take a look at some of his other stuff too; his tutorials are a great source for knowledge.

Comment

thanks man i let u know if i need more help

Comment

wait this is just a map and some packages

Comment

The bottom of the post shows the source code link. You probably downloaded the demo instead.

Comment

wait how did they manage to get a map as .exe and what do i do with the source code

Comment

Working...
                              X