Would you agree on this concept idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you agree on this concept idea?

I've been giving this alot of thought and this may be interesting to some. If you could imagine playing a video game - say a Survival Horror Game...where initially, the hero felt fearful or weak then towards the end - he finds he can fight back and he can survive...because he is brave and strong!

What would you say to this idea if a game would have this? What would you add to put in as well? Would you think this would build a stronger connection with the player and hero?

I think almost every story is like that?

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      I think almost every story is like that?
      Perhaps, I think they tell the player what happened to them to become the way they are. I haven't played Max Payne but while researching, I came across a mention in the game where he listens to a voice mail. Where the players can relate to loneliness. Anyway, it may be a bit more complex than I thought. Like in life, our behaviors and motivators give birth to who we are as a person. It's a complex idea - for example, the hero is depressed and has to overcome many obstacles and realizes he has confidence to talk to that beautiful girl he fell in love with since grammar school......

Comment

Yeah, that type of thing is in every story--it's very common

Comment

Working...
        X