Package won't save after tessellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package won't save after tessellation

Hey guys, I'm sorry to have to post here like the countless others asking for help but this one's really bugging me. I've recently upgraded to a GTX 550 Ti which I figured allows me to use the D3D stuff in Unreal now. I figured today to save me sculpting and making a low poly for an alien creep like effect that I'd use the tessellation. So first of all I grabbed a bog standard skin texture off the net and made a diff, Norm & height map. I then followed this http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...%28easy-one%29 tutorial and did everything as listed there. It all looks fine and everything in my viewport and it allows me to build my level and doesn't give me any errors, however it no longer lets me save my level or the package that the material is in. I was wondering if it is maybe a problem with my card or something? I'm unsure, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Pardon me, I forgot to mention im also using the June 2011 UDK just incase there's a bug I've missed.

What error are you getting?

Comment

Hmm see I can't really remember the July 2011 Build but did you have to follow the tutorial to enable DX11 features or could you use a switch renderer option under File in the main menu?

Also is this a custom package or are you tweaking materials in UDK default packages?

Comment

I'm just getting the usual "Can't save package" error I've had it over a few things before but usually solved. I'm using DX11 in the render options at the moment KY, I followed the tutorial down to a tee, I'll post a screenshot of the shader later if that will help? It actually works fine in the shader viewport and the level viewport it just wot save. I'm also using custom maps as in I just squared a jpeg off in PS to 512x512 and saved them off as TGAs. It seems like it might just be a bug or something but it's really annoying! I can work around it by baking from a high poly but I'd much rather learn a new process. Thanks for replying guys.

Comment

Working...
        X