Walking on mesh PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking on mesh PROBLEM

Hey guys. When my character walks on mesh, he kinda jump and stop when close to egde betwen two faces.
    Like there is some invincible obstacles.
    Mesh is plate made in blender subdivided 10 times and shaped like hills.
    Is that collision problem or something else?

It does sounds a lot like a collision mesh problem.

Are you generating your collision automatically in the mesh viewer? That doesn't always create the best collision, especially for more complex meshes, like a mesh shaped like a few hills.

Comment

Tried per poly and auto convex. Same problem. Which collision would you recommend?

Comment

Doing per polly would be to many collision primitives, I would do a custom collision mesh in my 3D Program. Depending on the shape of the hills, I would maybe use a decent poly sphere or hemisphere mesh for each hill making sure the "sides" are capable of walking up.
        And for the actual ground itself, depending on the shape, maybe use a few simple rectangular box shapes. Making sure the edges are lined up for smooth walking transitions.

Figuring out the best way to do a collision model for an organically shaped mesh can be very complicated. But just be creative and try to get the best mesh with a small amount of primitives.

Comment

I'll try that. Thanks for quick reply.

Comment

Working...
          X