Swinging platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swinging platform

Hi i've tried searching on here and over google.

Can anyone tell me how to create a swinging platform UDK. so instead of the platform moving backwards or forwards, it will swing backwards and forwards, any help would be good. t

THanks

Ben

In your 3D app you could raise the pivot point above the platform (if it's attached to ropes or something, it would go at the tops of the ropes) then use kismet to do a rotation animation.

Comment

ahh, thats cool, only problem is im using UDK assets, and I am unsure on how to move the pivot point

Comment

You can't change the pivot of static meshes.

Comment

so there is no way of moving the pivot point in UDK with a static mesh?

Id probs have export to a 3d program and move it right?

Comment

you can't export UDK assets to a 3D program, I would suggest to use sketchup or gimp and have a try with em

Comment

you can indeed move the pivot point. In an orthographic view, click your static mesh, then right click where you want your pivot point, a drop down box will appear. Click pivot then move here, right click again and click pivot then click save pivot to prepivot. If you are unable to figure it out from my instructions i can post pics.

Comment

I truly was not aware of that. Sorry for the misinformation then.

It seems very limited and very un-exact though.
                And I guess it's on a per-instance basis?

Comment

yes, however you can adjust the models offset from pivot in the object's properties window.

Comment

Working...
                  X