Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicles

Once I have a skeletal mesh vehicle setup properly and ready to import into UDK. How can I go about using another vehicles assets/attributes, physics archetype from the actor classes???

Well I found a tutorial here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gabf2...eature=related on a complete setup. I downloaded the plane file and would like to use this on a spaceship mesh obviously with a few changes in settings, can this not be done using the archetype from the plane anyone??

Comment

I think your best bet is to download the Tegleg vehicle files. He covers everything from planes, to helicopters, to ground vehicles. That's how I learned anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteout View Post
        Once I have a skeletal mesh vehicle setup properly and ready to import into UDK. How can I go about using another vehicles assets/attributes, physics archetype from the actor classes???
        Download my Hummer here
        Watch this playlist too Custom UDK UTVehicles set-up ...

Comment

Ok might just do that Lex.L. The Morph target video is a big help. I already have the Teg.Plane files. It won't take long to get a spaceship going later. Geez no wheels or anything. I had the archetype function off a little. I was under the impression I could just switch the skeletal mesh at will!! As seen in the video though it's not hard to change the name for the new vehicle in the uc files!! I'm certain I read that an archetype could be created for similar vehicle meshes somewhere, but I think it may have stated that it needs to be activated with code?? :/ anyways thx..later

Comment

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
            Download my Hummer here
            Watch this playlist too Custom UDK UTVehicles set-up ...
            Can I have your Hover Harley Davidson Lex ?
            I saw the video series and was amazed by it when you started to fly it around the map

Comment

Ya the Hover Harley is great!! Anyways I have the spaceship flying now!! I did run into a slight problem though. Is it possible to change the bone name in UDK through the anim. editor to "main" so it will match the script file?? Or do I have to export and import the mesh all over again?

Comment

Thats ok got it, it was also a x,y,z axis import problem from blender...

Comment

Working...
                X