Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what size should b a point n click game's map be? (not to be confused with vastness)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what size should b a point n click game's map be? (not to be confused with vastness)

Hi,Forgive me if it's a noobish question but I just wanted to know if the lighting build time depends on the size of the map. I am actually planning to make a point and click hack n slash game and I am in a fix. I don't know what size my map should be? And by size I don't mean the 'vastness'. Does lighting build calculation depends on the map size ?

This is a very broad question. It depends on the placement of your lights, how many surfaces it has to bounce off of (and therefore be calculated), lightmap settings, lighting type (i.e. dynamic, static, dominant lights, spotlights, pointlights), whether you're in DX9 or DX11. The list goes on, perhaps if you could share some specifics or an example then you get a more attuned answer.

Comment

The first level that I am planning for my game is a spoofed version of Diablo 2's "wilderness" level based in my college...
      So, it's just a vast plane with trees at the borders.. lots n lots of enemies...occasional buildings... one dominant light a few of the others...

Comment

bumping this up...

Comment

There is no rule.
          It will be whatever you make it be.

Comment

thanks...!!!

Comment

Working...
            X