X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by KY2K View Post
    I'd like to think I have some chance at getting a job in the industry,

Maybe you have, who knows at the end of the day !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to think I have some chance at getting a job in the industry, I've spent about 5 years in Education following game art practices and now a BA (hons) in Games Design I also help teach about the Unreal Engine in Peer to Peer sessions, I don't reckon I'd leave this final year and have a job handed to me, I know I will have to put my heart and soul into proving my worth through, emails, letters, interviews, portfolio pieces and much more.

And although you may have talent in current tool sets, as everyone knows with UDK, you have to keep learning and updating your techniques to stay ahead, I remember stopping for about 6 months and came back to find out half of my methods were redundant along with a ton of new features I had no clue on how to use, although my final year Project is currently using the December 2011 Build of UDK, I downloaded the January Build just to update myself on it's simplegon mesh tool and updates to the unreal landscape tools and will continue to do so with the next builds.

Dedication, hard work and talent is indeed the key, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dambob View Post
    I'd like to hope I've got more of a chance in the Games Industry than the cardboard box guy. (:
    Dedication and sheer hard work, plus talent and you're in ...... Everyone making games from whatever direction ultimately would like to work in the industry but you can still work on the sidelines in an indie studio ..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to hope I've got more of a chance in the Games Industry than the cardboard box guy. (:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AppManCrothers View Post
    Thanks a lot Lex
    Missed this one earlier

Thanks mate and enjoy flying the Hover Harley Davidson....
    Don't use it in a commercial game though because my lawyers will be hunting you down

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
    Email me and I'll send the Hover Harley Davidson...
    If you've already read this message its because these forums are dying and they keep repeating messages and crashing each time I try to send this message
    Thanks a lot Lex

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wouldn't want to work for them anyway Lex, I prefer working with a very small team rather than a big company
    Email me and I'll send the Hover Harley Davidson...
    If you've already read this message its because these forums are dying and they keep repeating messages and crashing each time I try to send this message

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post

I wouldn't want to work for them anyway Lex, I prefer working with a very small team rather than a big company

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    "possibility of a paid salary soon after" ... yes, now hop into the back of the van where a faintly visible tear stained mattress awaits.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    They haven't changed it:
    I didn't realise ambershee because the sly f*****s have changed the forum prefix from unpaid to paid in order to dupe people... So I just thought our comments on their thread had given them a change of heart.. Obviously not and they've made the thread even worse by changing the prefix...Outrageous !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "possibility of a paid salary soon after" ... yes, now hop into the back of the van where a faintly visible tear stained mattress awaits.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really enjoyed the videos, the second one was the best. They were very entertaining, but true, and I had a few laughs watching them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They haven't changed it:
    We are seeking talented character animators to work as interns, with the possibility of a paid salary soon after

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was reading that thread "Seeking character animator for UE MMORPG" and this thread came to mind about what tyrants some video game companies are
    They changed it to paid now if you want a job appman

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was reading that thread "Seeking character animator for UE MMORPG" and this thread came to mind about what tyrants some video game companies are

Yep Appman, its scandalous posting a thread by a big developer offering no money! I don't know how they've got the front to do it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X