So You Want to Work in the Video Game Industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lex, sorry to bother you again.
    I've posted a thread in the iOS section asking if Kactors are supported on iOS, do you know if they or aren't?

Thanks

Comment

I've posted a thread in the iOS section asking if Kactors are supported on iOS, do you know if they are or aren't?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AppManCrothers View Post
        I've posted a thread in the iOS section asking if Kactors are supported on iOS, do you know if they are or aren't?

Thanks
        I haven't used KActor's myself on iOS but as far as I know, physics isn't supported fully on iOS yet...I'll look into it because surely by now they must have something working on the physics front!

Comment

PhysX works fine on iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
            PhysX works fine on iOS.
            It doesn't work with characters dying..I tested it on an iPad 2 and when the character dies, he just disappears!

Comment

Here is what i think, job in the gaming industry is fun. You will have to work one way or another. Every job is a job, but you are gonna get bored working at some boring office as an accountant or whatever. When you have to work why dont you do something that you love and that is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Thazzrill View Post
                Here is what i think, job in the gaming industry is fun. You will have to work one way or another. Every job is a job, but you are gonna get bored working at some boring office as an accountant or whatever. When you have to work why dont you do something that you love and that is fun.
                If only it was as simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
                  If only it was as simple as that
                  It is. What part of it isn't as simple as that?

It's only hard if you don't don't love what you're doing. So if you hate it then you must not love making games, so your view on it is WAY different from everyone else. If you really love making games then it wont exactly seem like a job, more of an activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr3d1337 View Post
                    It is. What part of it isn't as simple as that?

It's only hard if you don't don't love what you're doing. So if you hate it then you must not love making games, so your view on it is WAY different from everyone else. If you really love making games then it wont exactly seem like a job, more of an activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
                      What? It's only the truth. If you don't like what you're doing, why do it in the first place?

Comment

What you're missing is that people get bored because they are faced with repetitive tasks. When the repetitive task ceases to be interesting, that's when the issue takes hold. Work in accounting for a while, and the tasks you do every day become boring because you do it every day. Work in programming for a while, and it's the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                          What you're missing is that people get bored because they are faced with repetitive tasks. When the repetitive task ceases to be interesting, that's when the issue takes hold. Work in accounting for a while, and the tasks you do every day become boring because you do it every day. Work in programming for a while, and it's the same.
                          I've given up trying to explain that point ambershee..
                          I suppose if the shoe was on my foot and someone was telling me years ago that the industry wasn't any different to a 9-5 job, I'd have told them where to go

Comment

I was reading that thread "Seeking character animator for UE MMORPG" and this thread came to mind about what tyrants some video game companies are

Comment

I was reading that thread "Seeking character animator for UE MMORPG" and this thread came to mind about what tyrants some video game companies are

Yep Appman, its scandalous posting a thread by a big developer offering no money! I don't know how they've got the front to do it!

Comment

They changed it to paid now if you want a job appman

Comment

Working...
                                X