shadow is acting weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shadow is acting weird

I have a point light (the one selected) placed right down the middle of an InterpActor (the chain-link fence, shown in purple in wireframe). The shadow, however, seems to be slanting off to the left for no apparent reason. There is also another light (just to the left of the fence in top view) and it is also aimed down the middle. What is going on?

EDIT: It appears that the amount that the shadow is off by is affected by using the door opener I made. At first it appears to be fine, but after using the door a few times, the shadow becomes noticeably off. Did I do something wrong with the Kismet or the Matinee sequence? Here is a download link to the level: http://www.mediafire.com/?reegv2qf71f99oc

I've noticed this as well, I've just not bothered to fix it. I think it has something to do with how often the interpactor's shadow is updated. With point lights, which have light emitting every direction, shadows are not just translated on the ground, they have to be redrawn. For something like a dominant directional light, you'll see you don't have this problem. Maybe there's an interpactor property that can change the way light effects it? try clicking on your actor and pressing f4, and seeing if you find a setting that will make it look better.

Comment

I can help you.

You see I have a very slow internet connection and thus I cannot download the level. It says "connection timed out".

You should check if the interpactor has got "Physics_Interpolating" assigned to it as the physics asset.

Try rebuilding lighting.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
      X