Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK Grass tutorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDK Grass tutorial

Hey guys!

I just put together a tutorial on how to create some really good looking grass models for use with UDK (or any other engine really) that are low poly but also look a lot better than the typical billboard design.

Part 2 which will detail importing to UDK and material setup with a wind effect will be up just as soon as I can figure out why the videos I recorded aren't rendering (they play in VLC but both Premiere and Camtasia Studio crash when I try to export and so did Super when I tried to convert them).

That's a lot of triangles, especially when painting it across a large area. Have you tried this in a production setting? I'm curious about the performance, with everything else going on.

Edit... same issue with this guy's tutorial. http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...f-grass-in-UDK

Comment

It runs smoothly on my system. I wouldn't suggest using this for fields and fields of grass, but its definitely decent for a small to medium sized area. The instancing that the foliage system uses seems to really help as well.

Comment

Good tutorial, nice for some people to know. Can't say its anything new though. I use grass similar to this in my UDK project.

Nice tutorial though

Comment

Thank you.

Yes, its obviously directed at beginners

Comment

Working...
          X