Grass issue in Foliage Mode - BUILD TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass issue in Foliage Mode - BUILD TIME

So, I want to create a front lawn using a default grass static mesh, and the foliage mode. I went ahead and painted the grass on top of some terrain i created. The problem is that rebuilding lighting takes for ****ing EVER, like nearly to the point of my computer crashing! I went to the official udk documentation for foliage and it specifies to click on the 'use as instance' option under the static mesh properties. I did that, and I'm still having problems...HELP ANYONE?

see below....I want to fill this entire area with grass, but even with this little bit that ive already created, Im having problems...

He he he. That's because that grass is ridiculously dense, and the model itself is a very very high poly model, I'd consider making a very simple mesh made of a few planes. and use that.

Comment

Yea make a big cluster mesh to cover most of it, and a smaller one for around the edges. Also make sure the model is simple and uses a very small lightmap - unlike the old foliage system, it has to calculate a lightmap for every single foliage mesh.

Comment

Working...
      X