Everything is externally referenced, please help. I'm desperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is externally referenced, please help. I'm desperate

I have an assignment to hand in my UDK level due in 11 hours, I have been working from my home computer and when I attempt to load my map up again
    even after saving a ton of stuff is missing. When I attempt to load it up off my external harddrive which I plan to hand in (which in hindsight I probably should have worked off of originally)
    I get tons of warnings saying everything is externally referenced.

I've tried copying my entire UDK folder and "my documents" which was used to store a few of the files but I've had absolutely no luck
    any advice?

Either way you have to maintain the directory tree as it was before, your map file and upk packages should be in the same hierarchy. You can't mess up moving the files all around since they are corelated.

Comment

If cooking and packaging the level is part of your assignment, you're screwed. If you match the directory structure as before, it may work in the editor for now but you won't be able to cook and package the level. It just doesn't work with external packages unless they changed this in last couple builds. You should never use external. Only way to fix it properly is to move the package inside content folder and re-link every single object in your scene.

Comment

Working...
      X