Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please

I need help and I am getting very upset about this. I have become interested in creating levels and to start learning I used this tutorial:http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CreatingLevels.html however after I create a light and a player start when it tells me to build geometry when I do so I get several errors and warnings. Any help as to what I am doing wrong is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

What do you need help with?

Comment

I'm sorry that my post started unclear, it was because I have been trying to start a help thread and it would never actually start it would just take me back to the forums. So I tried to make it very short and see if it would post then I just edit it. My apologies.

Comment

what are the errors and warnings?
        we are not psychic..

Comment

I'm sorry, Errors: maps need lighting rebuilt, paths need to be rebuilt. Warnings: Map should have KillZ set - set this to something sensible so the player doesn't fall forever, Nav "PlayerStart_0" has invalid GUID. you may need to rebuild paths.

Also, when I go into geometry mode it has a very limited selection compared to another tutorial I am looking at so my question here is how do I select my "selection mode" to edges. I am sorry for all of my questions but any help is always appreciated.

Comment

build all to stop the lighting and path warnings.
            killz is in menu - worldinfo, change killz to -2000 or some other number, its to kill the player if it falls off the world.

never used geometry mode, sorry.

Comment

Thank you, is there a tutorial you could point me to or any advice you could give me?

Comment

tutorial about what?

Comment

level design and creation

Comment

have a look at the first few threads with 'sticky' here
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/forums/371-Documentation

Comment

Thank you for you help.

Comment

Working...
                      X