Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King of the Hill AI

Hey guys & gals,

I'm having two separate problems. I'm trying to create a king of the hill type game between two teams. The two teams start out in holding rooms, where they can pick up weapons, once they select a weapon, they are supposed to move out of the room and into the arena where there are multiple "hot spots" that can be taken. These hot spots are based off of the Jump Pad class. Each hot spot keeps it's own score and can change hands throughout the match. The goal is to control all of the hot spots, or eliminate all of the other teams reinforcement tickets.

1st Problem: The bots are too busy shooting the other team to try and take the hot spots. Even when I give them a "move to actor" command and deselect bInturruptable they still stop heading towards their objective if they see an enemy at all. I've seen a bunch of other kismet functions such as "Set Bots Must Complete" but I'm not sure how to use it properly.

2nd Problem: The bots had a hard time leaving the holding room.
    There is a door on the holding room, I placed pathnodes around the level and a doorpath node in the door and set it up according to UDK's Using Waypoints Page. I thought that it could be because I created the holding rooms out of separate BSP brushes that overlap with the walls of the arena and then created a subtractive BSP to create a hole, but I have no idea. I often get the error that "the DoorPathNode is outside of the NavMesh".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solved, I deleted the holding room to alleviate the pathing problem, and the problem I was having was that I had added a blocking volume to the flag that designated the "hot zone" Since the bots couldn't actually get to 0,0,0 of the hot spot volume they couldn't complete their path. Once I removed the blocking volume the bots started to behave.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Working...
    X