Light & diference between static mesh and interp actor problem :( HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I still cant solve prob and i have no clue what im doing wrong.
    There is another video:
    And there is files for this second one map: http://hotfile.com/dl/137349277/4a5a...tTest.exe.html
    It will be great if someone can check this and help me to figure what i was forgot.
    Tnx again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Check your messages Taz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea, I can take a look at it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I we put properties about doors in movie: 0:46 , 0:48 ,and lights: 0:52 , DominantDiresctional light 1:01 ,also , is it any chance i can make some texture which i can use as mask (in door material) so light will be stoped or DESTROYED when touch the door? And if u like and if u have time Taz i can upload this work on rapidshare or something like that so u can see. Im thinking about one other thing, to put two lights in same place, one of them will interact only with interp actors and another one will interact only with static meshes, is it that possible? i mean that will not be some wastening of resource coz one work with one kind of actors and another light will work with another kind of actors...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How many and what types of lights do you have? The problem is clear. How you solve it will be up to you because I don't have your scene. You have lights casting dynamic shadow and your static mesh (walls etc) by default are not supposed to cast dynamic shadow. But interp actors (your doors) by default WILL cast dynamic shadow. That's why doors are casting shadow onto static mesh. Also, you should be using dominant directional with shadow mode to normal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ty taz1004 for answer but nope, it is not the solution, somehow i we got interpactor door to have normal light and shadow working well (believe me im not sure how, i we just check n uncheck something in Properties of that interpactor) but i still have probs with shadows what u can c in this movie @ 0:12, 0:14, 0:23, 0:32 after i was changed walls in to -moover-, actually seems its getting worse with change, i we loose almost all light informations from walls and nothing is changed about wierd shadows on wrong side of the walls (like we can see @ 0:24 in clip).Looks like my walls have only half power to keep lights inside the building, or i was setup something wrong in world, coz point lights r just usual light with brightness 0.6-0.8 and light for sun have just usual setup, we can see both of these in movie. Not sure what to do. But i must have this door to have shadow what look like real coz that project have to be presentation of one monastery near my town this is another reason why i want to make it perfect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As for the interp actor being darker, you have to check on Use Precomputed Shadows and switch to static lighting channel. Shadow is a problem. Dynamic shadow casting on doors usually are not important so easiest fix is to turn off dynamic shadow casting on the doors. If they have to cast dynamic shadows, convert all other geometry to movers and force them to static lighting channel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also there is a video where u can see probs with shadows in this map i just dont get it...

So please any advice will be very appreciated .

Leave a comment:

• Light & diference between static mesh and interp actor problem :( HELP

Probably im doing something wrong , but what? Was try many things but i just dont get it, How i can solve this? Static mesh is exactly what i we made and what i need in my level but also i need that door to be interpactor, but look @ pic. Its same mesh, same materia,l same textures, but, but ,,,,
Working...
X