Getting Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Stuck

When creating a new terrain I can walk on it when it is at 0 on Z axes (flat) or higher on z axes (mountain/hill like), however when I walk on land that is in the negative z axes (like a valley) my character locks up and i cannot move at all. Never used to have this problem, and I've installed UDK on my work pc and my home one as well, same issue. Its like i get sucked into the lowest point of the valley, my camera locks in one direction, and I must hit escape to exit. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks guys, and gals.

Sounds like you may just be walking into the Kill Z to me without having created anything specific for death that would point it out (ragdoll, whatever).

Comment

I have had the same problem as a beginner here. I moved the bottom of the terrain up to just above the cube/killz set after import to solve this. I understand now as stated above the terrain may end up too close to the killz set, upon import by checking the View port F window. It could be moved also in world properties.

Comment

Working...
      X