DEXSOFT-Games: Sci-Fi Corridors 2. Construction + FREE Sample level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEXSOFT-Games: Sci-Fi Corridors 2. Construction + FREE Sample level

Hi, I am curious how can we convert our corridors to UDK format?

Is there anyway that we simply load in some tool our FBX corridors and export to UDK ready models with textures intact.
    Can we use these meshes like part of levels?
    We made 5 big corridor ellements with some 10-20 models on each one. Each corridor is only ONE mesh to ensure faster processing.

Sci-Fi Corridors Construction Set 2.

Originally posted by dexsoft-games View Post
    Each corridor is only ONE mesh to ensure faster processing.
    This is very bad for performance. You want to break them down into modular pieces as much as possible, given the very large amount of tiling you have.

Comment

Tbh just have a good UV layout, clear name conventions, collision and exported as FBX. And as ambershee said, don't have it as one big *** model since its very inefficient. Off topic I must say that I really like your models, charaters and modular sets. Only thing I'm missing is a castle interior and exterior construction set.

Comment

dex, just make sure that your textures are not jpg (png is fine) and that they *are* square with height x width of a power of 2 (i.e. 512 x 512).

Comment

I have read your web page and find it interesting and I would certainly buy your package as advertised BUT I would like to make sure that they work in UDK. I don't care if as ambershee says, that it's bad for performance, I am only going to set some of those meshes in a very, very simple test map for my own enjoyment and not for commerce. Please let me know.

Comment

Yes, we have one free pack in Fantasy section with 11 models so you can test it and use in your games if you like them

I would like to find easy way that we export each our pack and to have them UDK ready.

Maybe its enought that we provide FBX and DAE formats so everyone can import into some 3D tool and export to UDK, I am not sure.

Also for a New Year, I am happy to announce whole month "NEWYEAR" Discont coupon code.

Comment

Originally posted by online|offworld View Post
              dex, just make sure that your textures are not jpg (png is fine) and that they *are* square with height x width of a power of 2 (i.e. 512 x 512).
              This is incorrect, they don't need to be square, just a power of two. You can have 256x512 for example.

Comment

Squares play nicer with tiling

Comment

Don't make me walk to the other side of the office!

Comment

Working...
                  X