Wall running, howto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm not sure if there would be an easier way than using trigger volumes, but if you do use them then yeah you'll need to put them all over the place depending on when you wanted a camera change.

The tilde key use is new to me as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    With "beginning of level" it works better but let me ask you: the camera does a 90 degrees rotation and even though the player disappears at least I am walking on that wall. Now in the YouTube video on the "wall running" I've seen the player keeps walking on all walls including the ceiling, do I have to have several TriggerVolumes along each wall and ceiling?

One thing I've noticed after I quit the game in the perspective view I cannot reset the camera to the real environment unless I key in the '~' key and then the camera settles down, I've never seen or read that the '`' key would do such a thing .

Nevertheless I want to thank you for your help it seems that no one else is either interested or cannot contribute even though there are so far 396 viewers who read this it makes me think why someone at UDk would aat least have a comment on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry to hear. So the event of player spawn didn't work? I tried it myself and it worked with player spawn and the "beginning of level" node on the level loaded object, but it didn't work when I connected it like yours. The reason it might not work with the "loaded and visible" node is because it might be trying to attach the camera to a player that hasn't fully spawned yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Definitely my problem is that the player seems not to be CORRECTLY attached to the camera, when it reaches the wall the camera does indeed a rotation but the player is no where to ne seen. I have checked other "camera attached to player" tutorials and they all use the same I use in Kismet and having first selected the camera then the eye-icon then the player and then release th eye-icon and indeed the camera is shown correctly positioned looking at the player but when I start the game the player either walks sideways or backwards, etc.
    I give up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe try it on player spawn instead of level loaded and visible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [IMG][/IMG]

I can't seem to center the camera on the player he either appears walking backwards or sideways o disappears altogether even though I have the ubiquitous kismet set up as above. The player does turn around when it hits the wall but it disappears or I can't control its movements anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, it's really easy to rotate the camera 90 degrees using matinee. Create a new matinee, add a new empty group on the left, then right click the group and create a movement track. With the camera selected in the level, hit space to switch the controls of it to its rotation. Make sure your matinee timeline is at zero and hit enter to create a key for home position. Rotate the camera 90 degrees, then set the marker in matinee to .5 seconds and hit enter again. Now you can drag the marker in matinee back and forth to see the camera rotating. In your map, place a trigger volume near the wall that you would be climbing, and in kismet set that trigger volume "touch" to "play" on the matinee.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem.

New Action > Math > Set Vector components
    New Action > Math > Get Vector components

I'm not talking about using Matinee at all. This is under the impression that you just have a camera attached to the player and want to turn it at some point. I'm not for sure if it can even be done this way. I can try some things out a little later if you don't find another way to get your results.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I may be obtuse but I can't find any "get vector components" under Matinee or Kismet. I found "location and rotation" in the Camera properties->Movement->Location and rotation but how can I control these properties from Matinee? Thank you anway for your effort to help me but unless I get a basic descriptive idea in Matinee or Kismet I can't go anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not at the PC so I can't check the specific names, but you would use "get vector components" for the camera's rotation (get location and rotation), and then use math to add or subtract to x y or z of its rotation in order for it to turn. Then you use set vector components to set its new rotation. Mess around with it. It will take some problem solving if you want to try it this way. Im sorry if I'm not descriptive enough.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't find any way in Kismet or Matinee describing
    .....Then something like set rotation vectors for the camera in kismet
    I am sure someone around here could give me a clue on how to do it in Kismet or Matinee, a little more descriptive than what I read above?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A trigger Volume near the wall can be how you know when a player is near the wall. Then something like set rotation vectors for the camera in kismet on trigger volume touch to rotate it 90 degrees. To make it rotate slower, have a looping add/subtract int that adds/subtracts a small number at a time until it gets to the number and stops (with a compare int).

Just the direction I would probably go first, but I'm still a noob with certain things. Hope it helps!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there was/is a matrix move mutator for a few different itterations of unreal/ut etc. try looking at those?

http://www.apoc.org/downloads/index.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have searched throughout the forum and found nothing, I've looked into the released section and found nothing helpful. I guess the important thing is what to use for "when player hits the wall" then I could think of rotating the camera or something like that. Climbing the walls is no problem with Ladder Volume but the rotating of the camera is more interesting. Can any one help?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    check the released section oft he forum, they have some info on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X