Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice in attaching an event (sound and light) to PhysX mesh particle

Hey Guys,

I am trying to see if there is a way to attach a sound to a PhysX Mesh Data particle. Example, we have a machine gun firing and shells are ejecting /impacting the ground; we would like to have a sound generated when the casings(mesh particles) collide with collision geo. In looking at the standard particle system it looks like we could possibly attach/call a sound using the “Event Generator” but I do not see this option when using “PhysX Mesh Data” particles.

Similarly I would also like to attach a light element to synch up with the muzzle flash; is there a way to this?

Thanks for your time.

David.

Bump,

Hey Guys,

Just trying to see if anyone could help me out here.

From what I understand Unreal use to have a way to call/attach sound files within Cascade directly "this was with an older version of the engine from what I was told";

Does anyone happen to know anything about this or why this feature is no longer available?

If you have any suggestions on how we could attach sounds to a VFX directly or send a message that can call a sound that would be great.

Thanks

David.

Originally posted by DMO View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am trying to see if there is a way to attach a sound to a PhysX Mesh Data particle. Example, we have a machine gun firing and shells are ejecting /impacting the ground; we would like to have a sound generated when the casings(mesh particles) collide with collision geo. In looking at the standard particle system it looks like we could possibly attach/call a sound using the “Event Generator” but I do not see this option when using “PhysX Mesh Data” particles.

Similarly I would also like to attach a light element to synch up with the muzzle flash; is there a way to this?

Thanks for your time.

David.

Comment

Working...
    X