Light environment too bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for suggestion! But in my situation dynamic objects aren't lit by the light source directly. They are situated in the zones of map where lighting created with GI (Lightmass). So I don't think that using two different lights (for dynamic and static objects) can help here. As I understand, dynamic objects should use "Light Environments" technique for more or less correct reaction on the lighting of the level. But in my map light environments too bright, so dynamic objects don't fit with background. And I can't find how to tweak its brightness (or maybe I missed something else)...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi yurii, I'm not certain (and not being at my own computer, I can't check) but I'm pretty sure that movable objects such as InterpActors and Movers can't accept static lighting like the rest of the scene does.

As these objects are only lit dynamically, what you could do is clone the scene light and make one of them only affect objects in the Static Channel and BSP objects. The other would be changed to only affect objects in the Dynamic Channel - which you would then be able to adjust independently to closer mimic the static lighting that other objects are using.

There may be a better way of sorting this using light-maps on the actual objects and adjusting object settings, but I'm no expert in this area.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Light environment too bright

Light environment too bright

Hi!
    Some objects (kactors and movers) in my map absolutely don't fit in the environment. They use environment lighting, but I can't tweak it to make objects darker. Can you help with these problem?
    Thanks!
    Map lights through hole in the wall(bsp) with one dominant directional light + lightmass.

Working...
X