New Level- "Pipe tower"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Level- "Pipe tower"

Hey there. Heres a level ive been working on for the past 3 weeks. im fairly new to making levels in udk but im digging it very much...i initially started my level as a big sized map to a very small map then to a medium sized map . the first stage was very crude so i restarted it from scratch.The second was an improvement but had a little too strong green lighting and very boxy so i tried to tone it down for the final version...the theme is sort of a slime factory with many drain pipes and with one goal in mind...to reach the "Pipe Tower" where evil awaits you.... i used assets, lighting and fx from the DM-deck level that comes with UDK. I had three different stages and here they are in screenshots.. any input is appreciated! ty

christian

I've seen quite a few of these floating around, have to say this the best one yet(IMO). Keep up the good work.

Comment

very nice work

Comment

thanks guys...im acutally going to do a redesign, making some different pathways, and putting it in a nighttime setting with some kismet in it.

Comment

Heres some screenshots of the level at night...i actually think it looks better at night! also thinking of changing the slime to lava...hmmm

Comment

That looks great

Changing the slime to lava would be good, as it will differentiate the map from DM_Deck at first glance.

Comment

thanks sircalaot! yea totally..i thought lava would cool which would change the look of the level without doing too much work!

Comment

Progress- Level Name Changed to "Tower Exile"

Here's a couple of screenshots of my recent build and also a link to the in game playthrough(Ive changed the name of the map to Tower Exile since the level plays out that way after this build) Instead of having just the level looking nice I've made it into a full working level with cinematics, matinees, explosions,particles,music, switches, radial actors, elevators and thousands of triggers. Only thing i need now is a cool title and a ending screen which i dont know how to do yet but any link to that post or video would great. Thanks for viewing

Youtube Playthrough Link:
                http://www.youtube.com/user/greenjok.../1/1kwyUYVAajE

Comment

Here are updated screenshots and youtube video link to the latest version of my level "Tower Exile" I changed quite a few stuff..changed the main explosion from exploding pipes to a meteor crashing down instead...i added a bunch of triggered radial actors events to kactors to give a little more realistic feel...also toned down all the camera usage i was using in my matinee sequences. I still need to make a intro screen and game over screen! Having some trouble finding some info on it without typing in script. Later on ill try to change the slime to lava to give it a more a different direction than the Dm deco map style. Thanks to everybody for the views and feedback.

Latest Updated Playthrough Video:

Comment

Working...
                  X