Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(SOLVED)blocking or disabling lightmass for a certain area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(SOLVED)blocking or disabling lightmass for a certain area.

Hi guys.

This thing really gives me a headache. I have this Parallax Occluding Material and in static it looks perfect but with lightmass it looks very dull and uninteresting. Now I tried to work around the problem in the material itself but I haven`t got anywhere near the look when it receives static light.

Is there a way to achieve a static lighting effect within a lightmass-calculated environment? I know there is some sort of way to influence lightmass in the material-editor but I haven`t figured it out yet.

My goal for this little project, as I mostly work as a digital painter to pay my rent, is to use POc with handpainted heightmaps and diffuse maps to create stuff like "semi-3d portraiture" (murals, stucco etc.).

Left is with lightmass and right without. Notice the nice colors on the static.

Use light channels i guess?

Comment

Have you tried to use Lightmass Importance Volumes? They are used to limit the Lightmass calculation to what is inside of them, so you can manipulate them to include everything except the Painting.

I'd recommend trying the Light channels idea first though...

Comment

Thanks you two. Working with channels got the trick and I think playing with the LIVolume would`ve done it to. I kinda wasn`t able to see the forest because of all the trees

Comment

Working...
        X