Problem with light shafts through my glass material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with light shafts through my glass material

Hey, so I'm trying to make a dirty glass material but currently ran into a problem. Can't seem to get the lightshafts to pierce through my glass material. Wondering if anyone knows how I can achieve the result in the concept art below: ( Using dominant directional btw ) Really looking to get those godrays into my scene through the roof to give the intense lighting seen in the concept art.. if anyone has any other ideas on how to accomplish this would be much appreciated thanks in advance guys.

My current material setup:

[IMG]

Result so far:

problem is that lightshafts don't go through translucency... but they do go through a masked translucent material. to fake it using a translucent material there's an option you can tick under the material flags, under translucency, called 'use lit translucency post render depth pass'. that will make it act as a masked material regarding the post-render depth pass, which means lightshafts will be able to go through the clear areas.
    problem: anything above an opacity value of 0.0 will be 'opaque' regarding lightshafts, so I'm not sure how you'd get the god rays through without making the glass fully transparent

so try enabling the flag and setting your material to be completely transparent, see if that works at least, then move forward from there

Comment

Sweet I'll give that a try, thanks for the help.

Comment

If that doesn't work you could also add the sky into your glass material. Give the sky depth with the old skybox method (cubemap). Then add the glass on top of that. This way your material is opaque, but the player won't notice the difference and you light shafts will appear correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X