Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too many meshes?

Hi All,

I'm just starting out in UDK and i've got a bit of a problem. I created a static mesh from a BSP in UDK and then duplicated it 30 times. (its just a cylinder split in half). I then wrapped it around another cyclinder so that the static mesh could be used as stairs. The problem I have is that when I duplicate the 30 static meshes to use them as more stairs the sky goes a bit weird, its almost like its tearing - see image.

This doesnt happen when I create my first set of spiral steps, only when I duplicate them to make more. My question is am I creating the static mesh wrong? Is the fact that I have used so many static meshes causing the problem or could it be something else? I also have a particle effect running to create snow if that makes a difference.

Any help appreciated!

This happened to me as well when duplicating 8-10 staticmeshes in the scene at once. Curious as well.

Comment

i think you are duplicating the skydome as well by accident.

Comment

doh! you're right. It was duplicated. My bad.

Thanks for that.

Comment

no problem.ive have done it myself in the past.you can lock its position in its properties to stop this happening again.

Comment

Working...
          X