X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Easy level creation questions...;)

Hey guys,

I have 3 newbie questions:

In the new version, 09, I can only create 1 cube?
    I right click on the cube brush after building my 1st one and it does not create it and sometimes, creates it over my 1st one?

How do I move a floor/cube?

How do I delete floors, right click, cut - nothing happens?

Thanks.
    Will.

OK,

1.You dont create multibale platforms in red, you create mutable platforms using the red box then CSG add.

2.Click on the 'Brush Wireframe' and you can selcet it for moving.

3.Thanks, see below,.

Will.

Comment

The only method I found so far for deleting floors / stuff you created with the Builder Brush is using CSG Subtract, or Ctrl + Z incase you want to delete it directly after creating.

Comment

hi m8..

Did u go through the 3dbuzz tutorials?
        They cover a lot of that shizzle...

Btw U will learn that meshes are better to use..

Comment

if anyone doesnt know you can convert bsp in to static meshes including the materials.make your bsp as normal ,add materials. then select edit mode- use one of the 4 viewport wndows and click on the bsp so it has the edit mode box around it. right click convert to static mesh.
          saves alot of hassle and explains why epics maps only have a few things as bsp. meens you can use udk as a modeling tool,for simple things anyway.

Comment

The only method I found so far for deleting floors / stuff you created with the Builder Brush is using CSG Subtract, or Ctrl + Z incase you want to delete it directly after creating.
            No offense but you should learn how to use bsp before using that.

CSG subtracting to "delete" only adds a subtractive brush over the additive brush. To delete it, you must go to brush wire frame mode and delete the brush there. Then rebuild geometry.

Comment

To delete a brush you need to select the blue box (line) that is around the brush. Thats how you delete it, then you need to rebuild your geometry to see the changes. =)

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                No offense but you should learn how to use bsp before using that.

CSG subtracting to "delete" only adds a subtractive brush over the additive brush. To delete it, you must go to brush wire frame mode and delete the brush there. Then rebuild geometry.
                Ah, alright. I didn't know that, since I'm pretty new to UDK. Learned something new now though, thanks.

Comment

one tip... do the 3dbuzz tutorials.... it covers all of this and many many more...

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ials-Using-UDK
                    there it is!
                    and i would say start of with simple level, that covers all the basics

Comment

Working...
                    X