Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Does Not Reset when Player Dies.

Hello,

I am trying to set up a kind of third person view (a bit more elevated) for the project I am working on. I am using a Player Spawned event linked to an Attach To Actor (Player Variable & Camera Actors are linked to this) and linked to a Set Camera Target (Player Variable & Camera Actors are also linked to this).

When I test the level the camera works perfectly but when I die the camera stays where the player died. The camera is STILL attached to the player but is very far away from the player. I wonder if anyone
    knows how to fix this so the camera always spawns where it should be, attached to the player & looking at the player. I am looking for Kismet solutions as I have not attempted yet to use UnrealScript.

Thanks in advance!

Max trigger count on player spawned set to 0?

Comment

Yes is set to 0. I have been told that the problem might be that the camera is attached to the the player, so when the player dies the camera is not attached to anything any more. Aparently I have to attach the camera to the player when the player is spawned so when the player re-spawn the camera resets and gets attached to the new player. I just dont know yet how to make this!

Comment

u should see 3d buzz's tutorial, tha last chapter called "top down game". im sure u'll find the answer.here is the link :
        http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/VideoTutorialsCH.html

Comment

Thanks Kiwen, I am downloading the videos right now. Hopefully I'll find the solution there.

Comment

Working...
          X