Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Achernar View Post
    Thank you for this tutorial micahpharoh, it was well presented and very informative. The only thing that would make it perfect is a way to display feedback for a player or objects motion making it "fully" operational.

Thx again
    Well, that's not exactly what I set out to do with this one. It sounded like it was going to be used on a static mesh, or something along those lines.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for this tutorial micahpharoh, it was well presented and very informative. The only thing that would make it perfect is a way to display feedback for a player or objects motion making it "fully" operational.

Thx again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool. I've not had much experience with using masks in the material editor so that second tutorial you created was great to get me up to speed. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's an official link. Mostly for posterity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKMUVXNm6bs

EDIT: And a new tutorial on how to use masks to get the radar material onto your mesh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w16Ym5tcbzs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wasn't expecting the tutorial so fast.
    Thank you, for this that really explains alot to me and very informative.

Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's done, it's just uploading. I set up the link in my signature so that you can go there if you're too impatient for a proper link :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup that is exactly what i'm looking into achieving.
    A tutorial would be great not just for myself but anyone else who maybe looking into something similar for their own personal projects.

Leave a comment:

• replied

This is what I've got so far.

Is this what you're looking for? I think I'll just make a full scale tutorial on it in the next few days if this is what you need.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just looking for how to do the ring that expands for a staticmesh.
    You wouldn't happen to know of a link or an example that i could look at to understand how Gradients and math work in the material editor would you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're just looking for the the ring that expands and/or maybe the wave thing that goes in circles then you could do that with gradients and math. This is for if you're just doing a static mesh or something.

If you're looking to actually put "detect" enemies or something in the screen then maybe ambershee is right and you should look into scripted textures.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You want to look into scripted textures.

Leave a comment:

• Help: Material Editor - How to create Radar ripple effect

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

I'm looking into creating a radar blip effect in the material editor.
    The blip would be much like a ripple. A circle that starts off in the center and then grows/extends outwards.

Has anyone created such a material effect before and if so could you provide some insight into how you managed it.
    And if nobody has, any suggestions on how to achieve it?

Thanks
Working...
X