Map lighting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map lighting problem

Am I missing something or just being dumb? I would like my map to be in complete darkness just like it is at night and everthing is lit with street lamps and things. Ok so here is what the problems is. I have deleted the dominant light and also removed the skymap. I run lightmass and my whole map outside is still light by some magical light?????

Please help.

Making a FPS horror game

did u use an template? if so try starting over in the blank map, then if u start u have an empty plane wich u can tweak what ever way u want

Comment

if this still exists after rebuilding light, i think u need to check if there are still some other light sources left. Like one more directional light and make sure it wont affect some of ur meshes.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Here is what I have done.

Because my level is well built and I dont want to have to do it all over again I copied everthing into a new map and it worked no lights and its completly dark. My other problem is I can't play the game now or save the map as it says

" Can't save (DIRECTORY) \UEDPIEuntiled_5.udk: Graph is linked to object in external map package. Try to find the chain of references to that object"

So I click yes and it just gives me the finger

Comment

did u fully load the package?
          and if u did copy the map and the package (u just need to copy the ones u made you're self)
          then u only have to post those 2 in the same area where u got them from.

Comment

Yeah I have fully loaded the packages. So I take it I have to rebuild my map again What a stupid template. Thanks UDK

Comment

Make sure your map is saved in the Map folder, and your custom content is saved in the content folder, that should avoid all problems.

Also change the environment color to a darker color in the world properties and you are all set.

Comment

Working...
              X