Insert the mesh with the same position from Maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insert the mesh with the same position from Maya

Hi! I wish I could put the objects in the scene in the UDK in the same place they were in Maya (the transform)
    So I do not have to adjust the position of objects. The UDK has this possibilite?

If you add your objects to the UDK map in a way that will center their pivot upon import and get the scale correct, then it should be technically possible. Without trying, I'm guessing double clicking the mesh from the content browser should import it to 0,0,0. Imported models UDK pivot points are determined by their location in relation to 0,0,0 in the modeling app, so provided you keep their locations preserved you should be able to do this with FBX export.

Comment

Thanks for the answer!

If you add your objects to the UDK map in a way that will center their pivot upon import and get the scale correct, then it should be technically possible. Without trying, I'm guessing double clicking the mesh from the content browser should import it to 0,0,0. Imported models UDK pivot points are determined by their location in relation to 0,0,0 in the modeling app, so provided you keep their locations preserved you should be able to do this with FBX export.
      Yes freezing the transform this make the pivot in center zeroing the xyz. Other thing is I gave a double-click on the object but only opened the mesh editor.
      But I would like to leave it as it would help quite a sugestion to new versions. Align is a bit tricky for whose has a short time to organize a project for example.

For now is use the grid-based editor without scaling. Perhaps the most clean to organize.

Comment

The other thing you can do is import all the meshes, then align their pivot points with your eye I guess (maybe that's what you meant about the grid).. I think it would be pretty straightforward to do... especially if you use snapping.

Comment

Working...
        X