Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Maya Actor X

Hi everybody

I hope someone can help me, I´m trying to export a model from Maya to UDK but when I click "Export Mesh" in the Actor X a Fatal Error message appears and when I click "OK" Maya crashes.

I have exported more models from Maya to UDK, I use the command "axmesh" to export the model as a static mesh, but I don´t know why some times it works and some other times it doesn´t.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Its very hard to say anything if you dont tell us which version of maya use are using. And what kind of model ? Rigged or not ?

Comment

I´m using maya 2011, my model it´s a couch that I plan to use in some sort of living room and is not rigged, I´m not going to use it as an animation, I want to import it as a static mesh.

Thank you for your interest

Comment

Have you checked the Outliner in Maya and deleted everything except the default cameras and the mesh? Also, make sure the mesh doesn't have ngons, non-manifold geometry, etc, to be on the safe side. I've never encountered a problem with ActorX so unless it somehow installed weird on your system, it sounds like there's something wring with your scene file.

Comment

Try using FBX, it's better anyway as it can include materials and textures.

Comment

To JessieG: you were right I had to CleanUp the model, it had non-manifold geometry and now I finally could export it

To Henrik: I tried the method you said and that worked too

Thank you very much for your help guys

Comment

Working...
            X