Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a Door Slide? (Open and Close)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a Door Slide? (Open and Close)

So i have a Simple door like the photo below, the door can Open with trigger normally, it make a Open sound and a close sound fine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But as a Trigger Door he only open in one Direction. But some times this direction keep closing the character in the wall.

So what i wanna try to do is something like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But how i do this?
    Thanks!

As I understand correctly you want make door that opens in opposite direction from player? I made this with three triggers. One - for opening door, and two others on both sides of door for checking position of the player. When you touch one of additional triggers, some variable in kismet changes its value and plays corresponding matinee sequence. I can post kismet screenshot if needed (but I have only 2 months experience in UDK, so maybe there is much more advanced solutions)

Comment

Hmm you can post a Photo? I don't get it .

Comment

No problem. Something like this...

As bonus, doors closes after you leave triggers)))

Comment

Hmm can you make a Bigger Image? I can't size it up.

Comment

Try this one. Works fine for me..

Comment

you could try this tutorail for a light
              http://udkc.info/index.php?title=Tut..._Physics_Asset

It should be able to be adapted to do a door that the player has to walk into to open.
              hope it helps

sorry about bad spelling

Comment

u can also try an 3D buzz tutorial on how to use triggers for doors ( it is in his simple level tutorial) u can download them for free
                i downloaded it and it is in the simple level folder named : 02_-_Simple_Level__05_MovingDoor__002_InitialDoorMotio n, he has got an few on how and about the door.

Comment

biowolves
                  I like this Idea, But how i apply this to a Door, see it Doesnt have a Rope or anything like it.

Comment

Dreakje Thanks for the tutorial, i Already know about this but is always good to remember , i make all this Door Slides like in the tutorial, but they open like a normal door. (I need to talk with my group to know what they think about a Slide door)

Comment

door slide problem

I fail to understand the issue as well. But let me try to help.
                      in kismet - make sure your trigger count is set to 0(which means unlimited)
                      Make sure you have touched linked to play, and untouched linked to reverse.

Also (in one of your views, NOT kismet) select your trigger, press f4. Under trigger, cylinder component, make sure your collision radius and height is big enough to cover both sides of the door. If someone is trapped on the inside, they just move close to the door and it opens.

Comment

when u want the door to turn u can also just do that do all the same as in de tutorial, but then use the rotation piviot instead of the movement one, that also works fine. or do i misunderstand what u are trying to do?

Comment

I will try to look into it for you

Comment

I tried what i sugested and with it not having the ability to lock axis it will not work for me

But i did find this on the internet Kactors (in the convert list) and RB_HingeActor (found in a menu in one of the content browser tabs(the one with factories and lights and things ))

here is a forum topic on it
                            http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...help-please%29

and here are some tutorials on it
                            (Video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xn8opE4WA4
                            (Text) http://www.oztalay.com/matt/tutorial...physics-doors/

Problem with them are that you have to use a weapon to shoot them open

Comment

but i reckon u can change that easily? maybe its just some kismet doing

Comment

Working...
                              X