gameplay idea-the fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gameplay idea-the fog

basic idea- fog effect moves across map killing player when touched. i want to use it as a time challange so the player has to navigate a maze,jumps etc before the fog gets them.

what would be the best way to do this?
    thanks.

Easiest would to make a dynamic kill volume, and move it with a matinee along with your fog particle.

Comment

thanks , yep i hoped might be other ideas.works well tho better then expected when using 2 diff paticle effects as inner and outer with kill volume in between.

i changed it from fog to fire and smoke.:}

Comment

sounds like one of my nightmares... definitely inspiring...

Comment

Sounds like F.E.A.R 3 Multiplayer.

Comment

yep i encourage everyone to make things like this. is very quick to setup and fun when ingame. i used it as one puzzle/section. iam now thinking iam going to make a standard scroll along/top down with a boss at end and random mini games thrown in. the scroll along game gets repetitive and the mini games arnt enough on there own.

the bosses is where its at . :} miles more fun then anything else. anyone up for making/working on some oldskool bosses . golden axe,sonic style.?

you can add alot of personality to the bosses,give them custom sounds,music ,attacks etc. they really come to life compared to a UT bot. put it this way iam bored of killing bots but my boss is still fun and can be set to any difficulty with tweaks. had to tone him down he was super hard at first.hes modular in sense both his shields can be destroyed and then his body.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Working...
            X