Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to fade water and give it a reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This may sound silly, but have you tried the 3D Buzz tutorials. I know they have one specific for water and reflections in the walk throughs for Introduction to UDK. Be a good place to start.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ive looked for tutorials for a long time on this, i just can't find any good ones..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    www.giyf.com ... the tutorials are really not hard to find...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bump bump bump

Leave a comment:

• replied
    not sure how i would do that, the material itsself is from content brower, it already has depth biased alpha, there is stuff plugged into the alpha, but not bias option.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Use depth biased alpha to blend the water into the puddle. For reflection you could use a cubemap reflection.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic how to fade water and give it a reflection?

how to fade water and give it a reflection?

hi there, i just started out creating a new level in UDK, i have some experience in udk, from starter tutorials etc but really want to learn more and get better, im trying to create a ruins type environment, only just started about 10 mins ago, but im finding it hard to put water around things without it looking wierd, there seems to be no fade and im not sure how to put a reflection in.

heres a scrnshot of what im trying to do

im using a fluid surface actor and applying a water material from the content brower, i want to make a pool of water around the blocks with some reflections of the sky and face around the block egdes, if anyone knows how to do it i would appreciate it.
Working...
X