animated meshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    okay, im already a bit further now, but where can i set the trigger to level loaded?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh I read that wrong. I thought you meant you needed it to turn one time. Do what was said, use level loaded and set it to loop. You could also make it a skeletal mesh and animate the rotation in a 3D app and use that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Set the trigger in Kismet as 'Level Loaded', so it's triggered upon startup, then tick the 'looping' tick box in the properties of your matinee sequence.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but how do i use it if it is an always moving object in the scene? so it doesnt has to be triggerd...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Combine whatever parts of the mesh you want to move. (like the blades and center part of the wheel) and export/import it to UDK. Place it in the scene as an interp actor and rotate it once using kismet then trigger it when you want it to spin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh and how can i manage that if i have a model whit multiple objects, i can import them into one mesh. because i had this generator thing whit like 4 differents objects, imported the FBX file, but then i have to place all the objects one by one...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic animated meshes

animated meshes

hey again.
    well me next question is...
    if i want to make a animated mesh of wich one element keeps turning ( for exsample a windmill in wich you have the static base and the animated wind thing ) can i achive this by only having one model in wich one element is animated?

and how do i set it up in UDK that it will repeat the motion, since i will only need to turn it round one time...
Working...
X