No announcement yet.

max units to udk units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you scale an object it will not usually carry that scale over to other places--that is unless you run an XForm modifier on it first. This will reset the scale transforms to 1.

You should never need to mess with real world units at all when designing content for Unreal. When I used Max, I would always have it set to Generic Units and then use 1 Max unit = 1 Unreal unit. When it was time to export, I would run an XForm and leave FBX unit adjustments to automatic (see the image linked below). This will keep FBX from doing anything wild.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...itled-1-55.jpg

Comment

and how do you know how high it will be in for exsample meters? or will you add a biped to the scene whit the heights of an UDK character ( wich i believe was something like 96 )...

and i dont have the automatic function on max 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Erabus Von Gott View Post
        and how do you know how high it will be in for exsample meters? or will you add a biped to the scene whit the heights of an UDK character ( wich i believe was something like 96 )...

and i dont have the automatic function on max 2009.
        The unreal unit scale depends on the game, you just pick scale that suits you and develop everything according to that. In UDK the scale is 1 UU = 2 cm.

So if you want a 1 meter high box in UDK, you make a 50 generic unit box in Max. Simple?

Comment

oh thx, see thats the info i could use

thx man

Comment

I don't even know how to use 3DS Max yet, going to download it and learn. I also heard blender is good to create characters if you want to do that too.

Comment

Working...
            X