Wrong Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Shadows

Hi, I m using Landscape and dominant direct light, I have Importance volume set too. Now regardless i increas resolution of SM (meshes) dominant light cascading values or the lightmap res for Landscape i get ugly jagged and pixely shadows. Also when i zoom in where shadows are it makes the shadow look nice sharp again but as soon as i zoom out the shadows become worse.
    Im confused with this lol, either im having LOD thing (when u go far from object it becomes low res) OR I need to increase more lightmap res (which is already at 128 for SMs and 16 for landscape)

How do i add image? sry

Comment

Hmm apparently i have figured the shadow detail, i just made 80,000 scale of Cascading shadow radius and it filled my landscape with the shadows of my high rise buidlings all the way till where i wanted (real scale). So im happy with that. Now im having this jaggy shadows if i go further from object, this is more prominet on Landscape as this is recieving the main shadows .

Comment

hmm 80 views no replies,

I wonder how day and night cycles are working in demos, when sun reaches dawn and dusk times, thats where dominant light on terran or bsp or Landscape makes these bugged shadows. I just test more default UDK levels and none of them use dawn or dusk setup hmmmm EPIC knows this but they ll fix it after a decade like they solved the specular bug on overlapped UV seams in AUG build.

Comment

Working...
        X