Cinematics, but not IN-GAME cinematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinematics, but not IN-GAME cinematics

Hello guys, im completely new to this forum but not to UDK. i can do almost anything except the real cinematics, not in-game ones where you just rotate the camera, the ones like Game Trailers and stuff. I want my characters to move, to talk, kinda like a movie. So if you have any tutorials or any help please write here! Cheers!

you can animate all characters etc inside your 3d app and export whole scene as static meshes and skeletal meshes and animations and just make them all "alive" in matinee
    (or you can render everything in 3d app and making a bink movie file that would play as your "cut scene")

Comment

There is no difference between an in-game cinematic and a cinematic trailer with respect to how you set them up.

You definitely need:
      [UDN]MatineeAndCinematicsHome[/UDN]
      [UDN]KismetHome[/UDN]

And anything else can be found at:
      [UDN]WebHome[/UDN]

Comment

I've read all of that, but i havent understand much.. thanks.. So Xenobite, are you talking i should make my cut-scene in like 3ds max, export it from bink to udk?

Comment

Also--to point out, those trailers usually take quite a lot of work to do, to make things look realistic. Just like how they do effects in the movies.

I would consider trying to create the cinematics within UDK, sine it wouldn't have to be as detailed, and if you wanted higher quality there's some stuff that you could turn up and then render it to a pre-recorded cutscene just like normal.

Comment

hmm i see. Thanks for the advice, but i could, with no problem, make a cut scene in 3ds max, with animations, make the sound with face fx and stuff and import it in UDK with no problem right?

Comment

depending on what you are doing prerendered/3drender might be better in case you are using lots of special effects, but for everything else udk is more than good

exporting and importing stuff into udk, placing all your models around and setting them to play in udk might seem like lot of extra work but its actualy not that hard and udk image quality is really great - you can actualy use udk to render movies (that are not just ingame cutscenes)

Comment

Originally posted by Xenobite View Post
                depending on what you are doing prerendered/3drender might be better in case you are using lots of special effects, but for everything else udk is more than good

exporting and importing stuff into udk, placing all your models around and setting them to play in udk might seem like lot of extra work but its actualy not that hard and udk image quality is really great - you can actualy use udk to render movies (that are not just ingame cutscenes)
                Yea, thanks! I will make a cut scene in 3ds Max, and import it in UDK! Thats good i guess:... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X